The Railway Enthusiasts Society Inc. was registered under the incorporated Societies’ Act on the 17th of July 1958, with its principle objectives being as follows:-
- To foster an intelligent interest in railways and in their operation and development generally.
- To facilitate the exchange between railway enthusiasts of information concerning the history, development, design, construction and operation of railways in New Zealand and elsewhere.
- To encourage the preservation of private and public collections of railway photographs, films, literature and equipment.
- To publish, print, distribute and authorise periodicals, books, magazines and other printed matter on topics of railway interest or related to the Society’s activities.
- To arrange trips, tours and excursions to places of railway or general interest.
- Railway Enthusiasts Society Inc. (Clubrooms)
38 Alfred St
New Zealand PO Box 13-684
For Excursion Details, Booking Forms, or General Enquiries
(From Auckland) Phone: 636 9361
(Outside Auckland) Phone: 0800 4RAILFUN
0800 472 453
Fax: +64 9 636 9558
These are a major activity of the Society, which owns and maintains its own fleet of vintage carriages and catering/service vehicles. Seldom does a month go by without the running of an interesting and scenic day excursion. In fact we have built up an enviable reputation for arranging innovative and appealing outings not available from any other operator.
Preferential bookings are available to members, who are automatically advised of all trips and tours. Please contact the RES Clubrooms (refer to Contact Info) for further information about the events listed below.
If you are unable to open the brochures which are PDF files, Adobe Reader may need to be installed on your computer.